Breaking Barriers: How to Connect to Servers on Minecraft Pocket Edition's New Update
July 27, 2022
Minecraft Pocket Edition (commonly known as Minecraft PE) continues to evolve and bring exciting features to mobile gamers. One significant update that has captured the attention of players is the ability to connect to servers directly from the game. This new feature opens up a world of multiplayer possibilities, allowing players to join communities, collaborate, and compete with others. If you're eager to connect to servers on Minecraft PE's new update but aren't sure where to start, this guide will walk you through the process.
Update to the Latest Version
Before you can connect to servers on Minecraft PE, make sure you have updated the game to the latest version. Developers release updates periodically, introducing new features, bug fixes, and improvements. To update Minecraft PE, follow these steps:
- Visit your device's app store (such as the Google Play Store or Apple App Store).
- Search for "Minecraft" and check if there are any available updates for the game.
- If an update is available, tap the "Update" button to install the latest version.
Keeping your game up to date ensures compatibility with servers and access to the latest features and improvements.
Accessing the Servers Menu
Once you have updated Minecraft PE to the latest version, it's time to access the servers menu and connect to servers. Follow these steps:
- Launch Minecraft PE on your mobile device.
- From the main menu, tap the "Play" button.
- Look for the "Servers" tab or option (the exact location may vary depending on the version and user interface).
- Tap on the "Servers" tab to access the servers menu.
Exploring Featured Servers
The servers menu in Minecraft PE provides a list of featured servers that you can join with a simple tap. These servers are often popular, well-known, or recommended by the Minecraft community. To explore featured servers and join them:
- In the servers menu, browse through the list of featured servers.
- Read the server descriptions to get an idea of what each server offers.
- Tap on a server that interests you to join.
Joining featured servers is a great way to quickly dive into multiplayer gameplay and experience the vibrant communities within Minecraft PE.
Adding Servers Manually
In addition to featured servers, Minecraft PE allows you to connect to servers manually by entering their details. This option is useful when you want to join specific servers that are not featured or explore communities recommended by friends. Here's how you can add servers manually:
- In the servers menu, look for an option like "Add Server" or "Add Server Manually."
- Tap on that option to access the server details form.
- Enter the server's IP address and port number in the respective fields. Make sure to enter the information accurately to establish a successful connection.
- If desired, provide a name for the server to make it easily recognizable in your server list.
- Tap "Add Server" or a similar button to save the server details.
Once the server details are saved, the server will appear in your server list, allowing you to connect to it with a tap.
Connecting to Servers
Now that you have access to the servers menu and have either joined a featured server or added servers manually, it's time to connect and embark on multiplayer adventures. Follow these steps to connect to servers:
- In the servers menu, locate the server you want to join.
- Tap on the server's name or icon to initiate the connection.
- Wait for Minecraft PE to establish a connection with the server.
- Once the connection is established, you will be transported to the server's world, where you can interact with other players and explore the server's unique gameplay experience.
Troubleshooting Connection Issues
- Check your internet connection: Ensure that you have a stable and reliable internet connection. Connect to a Wi-Fi network if possible or check your mobile data connection.
- Verify server details: Double-check the server's IP address and port number you entered manually. Make sure there are no typos or errors.
- Update Minecraft PE: Ensure that you have the latest version of Minecraft PE installed on your device. An outdated version may cause compatibility issues with servers.
- Check server status: Servers may experience temporary downtime or be undergoing maintenance. Visit the server's website or community platforms to check if there are any announcements regarding server availability.
- Contact server administrators: If you've tried all troubleshooting steps and still cannot connect, reach out to the server administrators for assistance. They may be able to provide further guidance or help resolve the issue.
Connecting to servers in Minecraft PE's new update opens up a whole new world of multiplayer possibilities. By following this comprehensive guide, you'll be well-equipped to connect to servers and embark on exciting adventures with fellow players. Enjoy the collaborative building, challenging gameplay, and vibrant communities within Minecraft PE as you explore the boundless creativity and camaraderie the game has to offer.